Monday, November 30, 2009

The Little Things...

Ok, so it's official I have become one of those people who carry their phone around with them EVERYWHERE!!! I mean I don't leave my desk at work without it in my hand, whether I'm getting a glass of water, eating lunch or even going to the bathroom, I keep it with me. I can only imagine how upset I would be if I missed a phone call, I even had my phone in arms reach when I was in the shower! (pathetic much?) But let me say, I'm sooo ok with being pathetic it doesn't bother me one bit, because the second that phone vibrates or rings with a new e-mail or call, I'm the happiest girl in the world!

Charlie e-mailed me today. He made it safe and sound to Camp Leatherneck. He said he was able to get some sleep on the plane, which I find hard to believe, between mid-air refueling, 15 smelly loud dogs, 15 anxious Marines, and turbulence, sleeping couldn't have been easy! We bought him a few books before he left and he finished The Road before even landing in Afghanistan.  Luckily we also got him the new Stephen King book and its about 4 inches thick so that should keep him busy for a few weeks!

Charlie wanted to be sure I passed on that he is doing well and he's settling in. He also wanted to pass along that "the chow here is amazing!"

I have always said that its is the little things in life that make me the happiest. When Charlie was state-side it would be random text or e-mail that would make my day, or him showing up in town at 3:00 when I thought he wasn't leaving base until 4:00, a back massage after a long drive down to San Diego. He can always find new little ways to surprise me and make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world, and its no surprise that he can do that from half way across the world. His e-mail tonight was the first I've received since he landed in Afghanistan, and in a short e-mail he was able to make me smile and warm my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update...glad to know he arrived safe and sound. Ya about being pathetic..now you know what the panic in the car was all about trying to find my cel phone and if I had it with me...lol

    ReplyDelete