Saturday, November 28, 2009

Start from the beginning...

So, blogging is really not my thing... I tried to do it while I was living in Australia and I failed miserably, but I'm going to give it another shot!

The idea of blogging came when I was making a very long list of things I'm going to do over the next 7 months to keep me busy! One Marine's wife suggested blogging b/c that way everyone can read up on how Charlie is doing, what he needs, how he's feeling, without having to make 200 phone calls after a 3 minute conversation. I decided to take her advice and try it out! I will of course be making lots and lots of phone calls to friends and family over the next few months, but I figure this is great way to keep everyone in the loop! I also wanted to do this for Charlie so when he gets the chance to hop on the internet, he can check in on what's going on back home. And I also thought it would be fun for us to read through it once he gets home!

I don't know what this blog is going to morph into.... a journal? reports from the field? An open forum for family and friends? But I suppose that is the exciting thing about starting one of these!

I hope to get feedback, and comments and messages from friends and family, and I hope that you share this blog with anyone who may want to read!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way you have written this sweetie! Keep it up ...you will cherrish these memories for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patty, its really nice, your doing great job. And thanks so much keeping us all updated.
    LOve
    LESLIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it patty, thanks for keeping us all conected.angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology is great! Love it! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Patty for taking on this Blog...I think it is a great idea and it will keep us all connected! Cindy

    ReplyDelete