Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Photographic Update!

Charlie and I have been Skyping a lot the last two days! Its been so nice to actually get to see him while we chat! I know I've gone on and on about how much I love skype, so I'll spare you the details! But, in short, Charlie is doing great! He's still with the Brits and keeping busy. In our chat the other night he sent over lots of pictures, so here they are!
That's Robbie on the left and Tigo, Tim's dog on the right. Just relaxin after a long walk! 

One of the little kids Charlie saw. He says kids will fight, really throw punches, over a piece of candy! 

Afghanistan has turkeys too!! 

This was just after a Shura, a meeting between the military and the locals. 

They pay the locals good money for the use of their compounds. They use them for sleeping and storing their gear while they're in a village. 

Cute lil puppy running around Afghanistan! 

And last but not least, Charlie after 2 weeks in the field, apparently running with the Brits has its advantages... shaving, what's that?! 

Charlie has lots of stories of his time with the Brits. He's having a great time with them, but a terrible time trying to understand them! The Brits are not to bad to understand, but there is a Scottish guy and he's impossible! I heard him the other night when we were on skype and it seriously sounded like he was speaking in a completely different language! Charlie's tried to pass along to me the different words they use for things... Scoff = chow/food   ready= loaded (guns)  pissed= drunk  and there were a bunch more that just aren't coming to me right now! Maybe I'll do a post on the Brits later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment