Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yippie!!!

 My phone rang while I was at lunch, I heard the shiny blackberry vibrating across the table and I ignored it at first, just another spam e-mail, and then I heard that little piano start playing the entertainer.... Phone Call! And then I got ubber unexcited assuming it was Walgreens telling me I had another prescription ready, going on 3 just this week.... but I glanced down, and the bright blue screen simply had five numbers scrolled across it... 80208... I couldn't believe it, I didn't believe it. I answered the phone a little hesitant, and a little excited... "Hello??!?"

It was Charlie!!! He sounded soooo happy! Happy to be back on base, happy to have showered, to sleep in a real bed, he even sounded a little happy to talk to me! He's been out with the Brits for the last month doing all kinds of stuff to keep himself busy. He was shocked that it was February already, bummed he missed the super bowl (he didn't even know who played), and so excited that a whole month had passed since he last left base.

It was so nice to hear him so happy. This last month has been a bit rough for me, but manageable, I just missed him a lot. And hearing him today, how happy he was that he'd been so busy and he was getting to work made it all worth it. I hope we get to talk a couple more times before he goes out again, I definitely have not gotten my fill of hearing his stories and catching up with him. It was 2 am his time when he called so I'm sure some sleep in a real bed will do him some good.

Thanks for all of the support this last month, I couldn't have been so strong and calm without the support of my friends and family! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment