Thursday, December 3, 2009

Camouflage and Christmas Lights

I wasn't going to write tonight. I'm tired, and sore from this new workout program I started, and I didn't have much to say anyways. But on my way home from dinner with my co-workers, I heard this song, and I got a little bit inspired. Add to that Charlie and I got to e-mail back and forth a little bit tonight. He's doing well and getting all settled in still. There is a little story about the song Camouflage and Christmas; I heard it for the first time last Saturday driving home from Camp Pendleton.

 In saying good-bye to Charlie, I only shed a tear or two.  Now don't think I'm emotionless, we all know that's not true, I think it was a bit easier for me than some b/c I say good-bye to him every weekend. I spend 5 nights a week getting by on phone call and text messages. I heard this song about an hour into my drive home from San Diego last week, and the reality of this next 7 months hit me like a ton of bricks and the water works came through the last lines of this song... I think the reason this song hit me so hard was b/c it made it real, it brought everything into prospective. It not a sad song, it's just real and now listening to it makes me smile, and tear up at the same time. I'm not posting this to upset anyone, but between Charlie being away, and my brother stationed in Korea and missing his first christmas, I realized this song can touch so many people. I hope you can come to enjoy it as much as I do...

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that is pretty powerful. Shed a tear and smiled at the same time. Bless our soldiers where ever they are...keep them safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mom, the correct term would be TROOPS, soldiers refers to only members of the US Army, so while we do have US Army soldiers near and dear to our hearts, it would really be bless our troops and keep them safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sweetie!! I am learning so many things that I never thought I would..how to controll the tears in public would be the next great one... but with every tear comes a proud smile...bless our troops and their loved ones...keep them all safe. love you.

    ReplyDelete