Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Parties...

Today was my work Christmas Party. Well technically it was my branch's little celebration, we had a secret santa gift exchange and pizza, not quite the extravagant bank wide party they had last year, but we made the most of it! I'm kinda happy that we didn't have a big bank party this year, actually makes the holidays a little bit easier b/c its one less thing that Charlie won't be able to make it to.
During our bank shindig tonight I missed 4 text messages from Charlie and my heart sank. Luckily the last one said that he'd call soon, and I made sure I didn't miss that call! Charlie and I were chatting tonight about the things we were going to miss, besides the obvious Christmas and New Years, there's our one year anniversary. I haven't had a one year anniversary with anyone since high school, and we all know that doesn't really count! Christmas will be rough, New Years is no big deal b/c I don't generally do anything, and I think Valentines Day is just silly, but an anniversary, that's something special, that's just ours so, I'm sure we will find some way to make it special, even if we are half a world away from each other!
I've gotten to talk with Charlie kind of a lot these last couple days! It sooo nice to hear his voice and chat with him about his day. It makes it feel like any other day for us, asking how work was, how the day went,  what we are up to the rest of the week. Charlie is doing well, he's getting a little frustrated that he's not going out on missions yet. In some ways it doesn't bother me much that he's staying on base, but at the same time, if he's going to be half a world away he might as well be doing what he went there to do, cause if he's not then he should be home! Charlie also wanted me to pass along that he has enough baby wipes to last 12 deployments, so thank you to those who have sent care packages with them, but he now has enough of a supply to last though this deployment and his first born... haha!

1 comment:

  1. tell him hi and we love him. his dad is home for a few days.

    ReplyDelete