Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekends

This is my second weekend without Charlie and it all just seems so odd. I didn't do much of anything this weekend, relaxed, did laundry, a little Christmas shopping, dinner with the roomie and her b/f, nothing all too exciting and I feel like such a bum. I mean I did my workout, I got Christmas shopping done, went grocery shopping, cleaned up my house a bit, but for some reason I still feel pretty lazy. And the crazy thing is that when Charlie was here, we would spend ALL day laying on the couch watching Dexter or Weeds, or some other instant Netfix movie. We'd get up to eat something, and then lay back on the couch and watch another movie, our weekends were the exact definition of lazy and I loved it! We'd talk and laugh and just simply enjoy each other's company. 


We keep talking about how things would be different if I lived down there. The talk always starts with the debate on who would get annoyed with who first followed by all the fun things we would do with our weekends! We'd have our nights after work to be lazy and watch movies and on our weekends we could do all kinds of fun stuff.... we could go camping, spend a weekend in Jullian, go sailing, kayaking, spend a weekend in 29 palms with Morris and Tammy... and the list goes on and on. As it is now, we only really have a full day and a half together every 5 days and all that stuff seems like too much to do in such a short period! Don't get me wrong, we go out on adventures sometimes, we've been the the San Diego Zoo, the Wild Animal Park, took a day trip up to Jullian in the rain, spent a weekend at Disneyland, visited 29 palms, and even road tripped to Wyoming for 4th of July. I guess its been the last few months that we started stayin in on the weekends. Maybe its b/c we knew deployment was coming up and we wanted to spend every last minute possible together just enjoying each others company. Whatever the reason was, I miss my lazy weekends with Charlie! 


I did do a couple fun things this weekend, I wandered Borders for an hour today, just walking around trying to find something new to read, like I don't have a bookshelf here full right? There was one book that caught my eye, Charlie has been telling me for months now that I should pick it up and give it a read, a little preventative maintenance I suppose. Its a book by Dr. Laura called "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" If you don't know who Dr. Laura is, she's a radio talk show host/psychotherapist that deals with relationship issues. Her philosophy is that men a very simple creatures and need very little to keep them happy. When I listen to her I agree with nearly everything she says, and Charlie has listened to her for years. Basically it all comes down to the fact that 99% of women ignore the very simple needs of their men, and that causes major issues in relationships. The last thing I would ever want to do would be to ignore Charlie's needs, or to not nurture our relationship properly, so I picked up the book and will add it to my reading list over the next couple of months. Hopefully I will learn something fun! I also finished week 2 of my workout program and I am still loving it! I'm waiting till I move on to phase 2 before I check all my measurements and weight and bodyfat and all that jazz, but my unofficial weigh in today says I've lost 5% body fat in the past two weeks! yay me!! Not the most exciting of weekends, but its one more down!!! only 26(ish) left... but who's counting right? haha!


1 comment:

  1. we got our goodies yesterday. thanks you for the sweatshirt and key rings love love love it. if you get really bored you could come and see us. love ya angie.

    ReplyDelete