Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Anniversary!


Today is my 1 year anniversary with Heritage Oaks Bank! YAY me! The pic above is of my awesome branch staff on Halloween/ my birthday party! We did a Cops and Jail Birds (managers = cops, staff = jail birds) theme. In case you might be wondering how I fit in, I was Mr. Jingles the mouse from the green mile (hence the extra petty coats for mouse "fluff"under that grey dress!).

Liz visited to say Happy B-day, her branch did 80's theme!


This isn't my first anniversary with a company, but it kind of feels that way. I worked at EG Vet for 2 years, Coast Vet for 4, Ogden and Fricks for 1.5, half of which was full time. Even though I worked full time at the law firm for 6 months after graduating from college, I knew that wasn't a "career" for me, so I suppose this is my first "real" job, real "career," or at least I'm on my way to building a career, being a commercial credit analyst isn't exactly a career, but a good start!

One of my clients at the bank brings her dog in every day when she makes her deposits and I made a comment to her that I worked in vet clinics for 6 years, 2 years in high school and 4 years through out college. The next day she came in and asked me.... how do you go from vet clinics to banking?!?

Truth... I'm a math nerd! I love the math, the analysis, the ratios, and the interpretation. The more complex the better! I'm talkin' 1 Corporation owned by 16 other companies with the owners of those companies having sole proprietorships! Thats 33 tax returns, income statements, and balance sheets... minimum! I like a good challenge. I hope that my job keeps bringing me a challenge, and that if I start to get bored I find ways to drum up new business and keep myself challenged!

No comments:

Post a Comment