Friday, January 8, 2010

Snail Mail....

Charlie and I have been working hard at writing each other more regularly. We both LOVE the idea of getting letters, and it's not that writing them is hard.... it's the waiting for the letters to come in the mail!! It takes forever for mail to get across the globe! Or maybe 2 weeks just feels like forever?

Charlie wrote me a letter on December 11, it was postmarked the 16th, and I got it in the mail on the 31st. It was the first letter I've gotten from him and it was soo special to read. Just the effort and thought put into handwritten letters is heartwarming. It could be a serious letter, a funny letter, an account of his day, or a vision for the future, it doesn't really matter, it really is just the thought that counts.

I've tried writing a lot more regularly. I sent out two letters this week, and a couple last week too. I also put a letter in the last care package I sent to Charlie. Care packages are the way to go let me tell ya! Parcel post gets to Afghanistan in a week... yep 1 week!!! To date, Charlie has gotten one letter from me, and 4 care packages. So far I have gotten one letter, but I know there are more to come! I check the mail every day, gives me something to look forward to when I get home from work. I told Charlie that eventually, if we keep up writing, the letters will come more regularly, and then we'll be motivated to keep it up!

I'm looking forward to compiling our letters in some form or another once he gets back. I want to have a keepsake to read over down the road when we think back on this deployment and how much it helped us to grow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patty! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! So happy you did and that I found yours as well! Have a great weekend XOXO Annemarie

    ReplyDelete